How Much Does Infinity Pool Cost?
Have you ever heard of a never ending pool? If you are adventurous, you would feel absolutely exciting to spend time in such pools. You would feel as if you are spending time in a bigger water body rather than a limited sized swimming pool. It is a different experience altogether!
An infinity pool is today’s latest emerging trend in pool industry. If you are adventurous, passionate about swimming, have a big back yard and have lot of money, then infinity pool might be the right choice for you.
These pools appear as if they do not have boundary walls. On one of its end, the boundary wall is very short and it is through this wall that the pool water spills over and falls into a basin installed beneath it. This collected water is pumped back into the pool through a special pumping system.
These pools are very attractive while being expensive. The maintenance charges are also very high for these pools. If you are planning to install one, then you can visit your local pool company who can guide you about infinity pool cost, and the benefits, negatives, and risks of installing it.
Infinity pool – the latest trend!
In today’s pool industry, one of the latest emerging luxurious trends of swimming pools is an infinity pool. As the name suggests, the construction is designed in such a way that it appears as if the pool has no boundaries. These pools are also referred as ‘Vanishing Edge Pools’ or ‘Negative edge pools’.
Usually, these types of pools give you a breath-taking experience if they are installed in areas where natural water bodies are very nearby. So, when you get into such pools, you will feel as if the waters of your pool are merging with the other water body. It gives an optical illusion to the swimmers, as if the water blends into the horizon, taking them to the next level of experience.
Is it beneficial?
Personally, it is all about individual choice. If you are particular about installing an infinity pool, you can go for it. Except that it gives you a different experience because of the optical illusion and makes you feel that your pool has no boundaries, the rest of the swimming experience is always the same. Infinity pool is just a luxurious choice.
If you have installed it near a water body like a river or sea, it gives you breath-taking scenery as if your pool water is merging with the bigger water body. If you love being adventurous, or like to experience things in a different way, then you would love spending time in these pools.
What makes it so expensive?
While these pools look attractive, it is very expensive to uphold the complete architecture.
The shorter wall of the pool from which the water spills needs to be regularly maintained to withstand the continuous flow of water, while being attractive.
- The idea seems to be absolutely exciting but, the cost to install an infinity pool is not the same as that of the regular one. One of the main reasons that contribute to the cost is the power that is needed to run the pool. It consumes heavy power in order to operate the pool successfully.
- The cost to install an infinity pool is comparatively very high perhaps because of the special basin being the other reason. It serves as the spill over catch and continually operates to regulate the flow of water.
- The water that is collected in the special basin needs to be pumped back to the pool above. For this, you need to build a special system that continuously operates to push back the water before it overflows from the catch basin.
- Another factor that contributes to the price is maintaining and continuously treating the short dam wall that separates the pool from the spill basin. You should ensure that the dam wall is waterproof as it needs to bear the continuous flow of pool water.
The above reasons contribute to the price of installing vanishing edge pools. The price of these factors will be deducted if you are planning to install a regular pool.
Who can install it?
Swimming pools have been into existence since the ancient times. Infinity model pools have been the latest trend and hence, you need to search for an expert who has experience with similar projects in his past career. Though pool industry easily offers you many professionals to build a regular pool, it is not so easy to find one for an infinity pool.
Apart from the installation cost, labour charges, customized architectural design charges and the raw material costs, you need to pay a lot extra or pay a premium to get the appointment of an expertise that you specially prefer.
Since it is a risky project, all pool companies will not come forward to offer installation services. For these kinds of projects, you cannot take the risk of hiring a less expensive pool company as their work might not catch up your expectations.
How about maintenance charges?
Once you install infinity pool in your backyard, the cost doesn’t end there. You need to continuously bear maintenance charges that are quite expensive.
Apart from regular maintenance that you do for regular pools like running filters regularly, chlorination, pH level balancing, removing metals, debris, taking measures to keep mosquitoes away etc., you will have extra maintenance to do for infinity pools. These include you to run an extra pumping system that pumps the water that spilled into the catch basin, back to the pool. Maintaining this system is very expensive and it requires a lot of power to run.
All these effectively impact the maintenance bill. Also, these pools are not compatible to using pool covers. Hence, you need to regularly work to remove the dirt and debris. Also, because of the absence of pool cover, the water tends to evaporate faster and this again contributes to adding extra maintenance charges because of power bill.
What are the cons?
The primary prerequisites to install an infinity pool is that you will need a lot of money and a big back yard. Apart from this, you will have many negatives when installing such pools.
Let’s note some of them below:
- Infinity pools are not economical.
- These pools involve a lot of maintenance.
- Cannot use pool cover and hence water evaporates faster.
- The pool is prone to debris and dirt.
- Very less professionals who offer infinity pool services are available.
- Consumes lot of power to operate.
- Installation cost is very high.
- Maintenance cost is high.
- Repairing costs are high.
- Risk of somebody falling from the short wall into the spill basin is high. So if you are having kids, it is better to ignore these pools or else, you need to continuously help them spend time in the pool, under your supervision.
Other Popular Articles
Opting for an infinity pool is not an easy thing. You need to make a lot of background research and analyse if it suits your lifestyle. These pools are very attractive and when installed in areas that have beautiful nature as background, like hilly areas or rivers or sea, you will have a breath-taking experience. You will feel as if your pool merges with the other water body. Apart from this experience, rest of the swimming experience is the same.
If you love to be adventurous and want to take your swimming experience to the next level, then you can opt for infinity pools.
The biggest negative about installing an infinity pool is the proper place for installation, and money. You may also find it difficult to find a professional who has prior experience with infinity pool projects. Also, they are highly paid as the project involves lot of risk.
You will need to spend a lot down the road for its maintenance and the power to operate these pools is very high. Also, there is a risk that you may fall from the spill wall into the catch basin.
If the infinity pool cost and risks associated with it doesn’t bother you, then why wait? Just go ahead and get a thrilled swimming experience!